Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Year at a Glance

A counselor has got to have a good plan in place in order to fulfill the requirements set forth by the state and the district and avoid becoming an assistant to the assistant administrator. With all the demands on those principals, it is understandable that they would look to you for help, especially if they don't understand, or more importantly, don't VALUE what you do. A good plan should include an outline for your guidance curriculum, and at least a few of your lessons already developed. You should know how you will plan to reach and respond to parents, and effective ways in which you can assist teachers and administrators (without becoming one of them). Finally, you must have a system in place to evaluate your own programs so that administrators and other stakeholders can see how effective you really are! Remember, the kids at your campus need you, and it is your job to be there for them. It is critical to take a proactive approach -- implement programs and curriculum on your campus that will enhance engagement, foster a spirit of unity and motivation, and include all the families involved. Click on my year for an overview of the many programs, lessons, and groups I will initiate in 2012-13. Click on my calendar to view my plan for presentation of guidance curriculum and educational programs for parents.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am a new counselor (just graduated) and am beginning to plan/map out a curriculum for elementary students. I clicked on "my year" and "my calendar" to get some ideas, and had to request access. My e-mail is haclose88@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete