Saturday, July 14, 2012

College and Career Decisions for Elementary

It is never too early for children to start thinking about their future. Part of the joy of growing up should be the process of discovering who you are and what God intended you to be. Some of the best days of my youth were spent working with teachers and mentors on my personal development. Once, in second grade, I wrote a song, and my music teacher spent hours working with me on the music for it. We then taught it to my class, and they even published an article in the newspaper about me. I was chosen in fourth grade to attend a leadership conference in a neighboring city. These were impactful, important moments for me, moments in which I saw myself as the adult I was to become. They gave me an idea about what career paths might suit me, how I could make my footprint on the world. Here is a lesson to help kids think about who they are and what they might like to do with their lives. Click here for the link to the powerpoint. Feel free to save and distribute. I am all about helping kids in schools wherever they are, and would be lost without all the wonderful ideas and lessons I have downloaded and used.

No comments:

Post a Comment