Monday, August 13, 2012

Behavior and Norms

Kids have to know what you expect of them, and this is best achieved by having a school-wide system of behavioral policies. I attended a CHAMPS training this summer and it got me really excited about promoting more success in my classroom this year by having good classroom management. When I am a counselor, I will definitely help teachers institute a campus-wide program so that kids will know what's expected in any classroom throughout the school This is the foundation of behavioral management -- conceptualizing and defining your expectations. Since I now teach bilingual, I refer to my class as Team "B," which I call Team Bravo because of my military background, and I used the letters of the title to make this mnemonic, which will be posted prominently.

No comments:

Post a Comment